My SSP connects students to credentialed, Masters-level counselors to help them successfully address cultural, physical, and mental health challenges as they pursue higher education. Students receive the help they need in their own native language and cultural context, whether they’re at home, on campus, or abroad.
Give your students 24/7/365 support with My SSP. Start with a demo.
Supporting over 1 million students
Discover a student support program that meets your needs
Created by clinical and cultural experts, Morneau Shepell’s student support program My SSP fills out the circle of care for your students. We partner with campuses to support your students and equip your faculty and staff with the resources to encourage support-seeking behaviors and student success. Dedicated success managers provide staff and student training, marketing resources and ongoing client support to build program awareness and encourage utilization.
worldwide network of counselors, coaches, and specialized professionals
student support interactions worldwide
My SSP offers three levels of support
My SSP 24/7 Crisis Phone Support
- 24/7 crisis & real-time phone support
- Staff & faculty consultations
- Student case data report access
- Integration with existing resources for referrals to campus
- Community Resource referrals to off campus specialists
- Engagement & utilization reports
My SSP Essential
Includes all features of My SSP 24/7 Crisis Phone Support, plus...
- 24/7 real-time chat support
- Branded app
- On-demand content library
- Health assessments
- Virtual fitness
My SSP Total Care
Includes all features of My SSP 24/7 Crisis Support & My SSP Essential, plus...
- Ongoing phone/video support with a dedicated counselor
- In person support
- Monitored Referrals between campus counseling & My SSP counselor
Impact of My SSP in student mental health
Under the advisement and support of The Jed Foundation, Morneau Shepell launched an evaluative study to examine My SSP program trends, utilization, and outcomes for college students. We also measured the program’s overall impact on international student mental health, academic success, and retention.
Download the report below to see how My SSP positively impacted student to help them manage stress and anxiety as well as other lessons learned for successful rollout of My SSP at institutions.
What our partners are saying
“During this time of COVID when our counselors had to move into distance counseling, My SSP was critical because some of our students were getting face to face therapy and didn’t have a wifi connection but did have cell phone access. The strength of My SSP is that students could get real-time, personal chat support.”
Michael LaFarr, PsyD, University of Denver
"Your counseling center staff will never truly reflect the student body because it’s so diverse…so that’s what’s particularly nice about this program [My SSP] because it allows students to access support from folks from their particular culture, which I really think is probably one of the biggest barriers to that help-seeking behavior that we try to promote.”
Lee Swain, The Jed Foundation
“My SSP allows us to provide 24/7/365 'wrap around' mental health care for our entire student body.”
Dina Nunziato, LCSW, Sarah Lawrence College
Request a demo
84% of My SSP student users report they’ve never reached out for support through traditional methods including coaches, advisors, peers, faculty, campus wellness or counseling services before.
Get connected to one of our product experts to see:
- How our program works within the established framework at your institution, including a Stepped Care model, enhancing support and expanding access to students.
- How we complement your existing services in student health and counseling, athletics, distance education, international student services, study abroad, graduate programs and other relevant campus resources.
- Personalized options for both domestic and international students.