Morneau Shepell’s Co-Sourced Delivery Model Enables Tool Manufacturer to Cut Administration Costs in Half, Improve Productivity, and Streamline Employee Self-Service
The client is a leading hand and power tool manufacturer with 5,500 employees in the United States and 11,000 globally. One of the organization’s corporate beliefs is the importance of “passionate customer care.” Its employee service culture is equally high touch. As a result, their team wanted to transition from an outsourced contact center to an in-house model in order to gain better control over employee interactions.
The client planned to implement a co-sourced service model where they would retain administrative responsibility and employee interactions, including claims advocacy. Making such a change required a partner that could provide the tools, services, and experience needed to ensure success.
The company selected Morneau Shepell due to our experience in benefits administration, system capabilities in employee direct billing, and the long-term tenure of its account management team. They also valued Morneau Shepell’s approach to account management that delivers a team empowered to quickly resolve issues, questions, and requests. The automation abilities of its software also figured prominently in the client’s choice of Morneau Shepell.
Morneau Shepell implemented the software administration system with employee self-service and fully integrated direct billing. As employee enrollments are processed, employees are appropriately billed through payroll deductions or directly. Retroactive premium calculations are automatic. Annual enrollments and life events are processed efficiently, whether through employee self-service or the company’s administrators.
The client implemented Morneau Shepell’s Managed Services model to ensure the effective and timely operation of interfaces with their own Human Resources Information System (HRIS)/payroll systems, claims administrators, and other providers.
The client found that its confidence in the experience of the Morneau Shepell team was well founded. Morneau Shepell’s implementation experts used its proven methodology to gather requirements and configure software to the client’s needs. The implementation team ensured that all of the company’s requirements were met:
- Empowerment through a self-administration model
- Timely and well-managed vendor interfaces supported by the Managed Services team
- A secure and audited platform that met all control and SOX objectives
- Streamlined employee self-service
- A benefits administration system able to provide automated solutions in place of extensive manual processes
- Greater productivity—tasks that formerly took ten minutes now take two minutes to complete
- Administrative costs were reduced by 50%
- No headcount increase was required, despite the transition to in-house employee contact and administration